About Art Gallery of Ontario
See, experience and understand the world in new ways.
Located in Toronto, the Art Gallery of Ontario is one of the largest art museums in North America, attracting approximately one million visitors annually. The AGO Collection of more than 120,000 works of art ranges from cutting-edge contemporary art to significant works by Indigenous and Canadian artists and European masterpieces. Drawing on this collection – as well as collaborations with museums around the world – the AGO presents wide-ranging exhibitions and programs, taking special care to showcase diverse and underrepresented artists.
We bring people together with art to see, experience and understand the world in new ways by presenting great art, facilitating learning and engaging our audience.
The AGO will lead global conversations from Toronto through extraordinary collections, exhibitions and programs and by reflecting the people who live here.
As a registered charity, the generosity of our community is essential to everything we do. Here are a few highlights of the tangible, far-reaching impact the AGO creates with your support:
- Introducing the Annual Pass, a new admission model that enables the AGO to open our doors wide and make great art more accessible to everyone. The Annual Pass has welcomed over 180,000 people to the AGO community, with 60% being 25 years old and younger and receiving free annual admission to the museum.
- Examining and caring for thousands of artworks by our Conservation team each year
- 360,000 children and adults participate in a diverse suite of nearly 750 programs, activities and events organized by the Education & Programming team each year
- Nearly 50,000 children and families participate in curated family programs and events annually
- Establishing a new Department of Arts of Global Africa and the Diaspora, focusing on expanding the museum’s collections, exhibitions and programs of art from Africa and the African diaspora.
- During the pandemic, hundreds of thousands of students across Canada participated in free Virtual School Programs. Free Annual Passes were extended to more than 27,000 frontline workers in recognition of their essential roles in the province.
How your gift will be used
Art has the power to reach through time.
Art has the power to reach through time and engage the audiences of today and tomorrow. A legacy gift is your opportunity to do the same. Together, we can create a gift that is meaningful to you and helps the AGO share inspiring art and learning experiences with our community for generations to come.
When you create a legacy gift to the AGO you become part of a community that cares deeply about the power of art to inspire a better understanding of each other and our world. With a legacy gift of any size, you can help the AGO create meaningful art experiences that provoke dialogue, offer new perspectives and stimulate creativity.
Legacy gifts support the highest priorities of the AGO including:
- Bringing art to new audiences
- Fostering learning and expression
- Scholarship and conservation
- Presenting special exhibitions
- Building the AGO Collection
Art, ideas and dreams pass through generations, and philanthropy has shaped the AGO at every transformational moment in our history. Your gift is our future – and creates your own lasting legacy at the AGO.