About ArtHouse for Children and Youth
For 11 years ArtHouse has engaged hundreds of vulnerable young kids annually with Neighbourhood and Community Programs, delivered at Subsidized Housing locations, Community Hubs and in partnerships with like-minded Agencies throughout Halton.
Since 2009, ArtHouse has reached 9,054 children and youth with 634 Programs at 90 locations throughout Halton.
Our Mission – to provide consistent, safe, FREE programming with strong role-model relationships. In addition to our Arts-related Programs that support the creativity and positive well-being of our young people, our work includes homework help, cooking, gardening, environmental education and maybe just a great conversation. ArtHouse is often the child’s only extra-curricular activity. We may well be the only outsider with whom they feel truly comfortable.
WE CARE ABOUT OUR FAMILIES
Kids personal challenges may not be supported at home:
- They may be dealing with adult conflict that started at a young age
- There could be a presence of substance abuse
- Many live in a single-parent environment
- They are often experiencing stress/anxiety
- They crave attention and can engage in bullying as a reaction
- Many are looking for positive role models.
TRANSITIONING THROUGH COVID
Whether “virtually” or “in person”, ArtHouse will stay focused on supporting the Whole Child – creatively, physically, socially, emotionally, educationally and nutritionally – with engaging relationships that will enrich their lives and help them reach their full potential.
- We Employ – recruiting over 30 Professional Arts Instructors annually from our communities;
- We Deliver – a wide range of programming, including Visual Arts, Theatre Performance, Music (singing, violin, piano), Drama and Improv, Urban Dance, Cooking and Environmental Education Programs;
- We Collaborate – working closely with the Children’s Aid Society, Halton Multicultural Council, Reach Out Centre for Kids, Kerr Street Mission, Halton Community Housing and independent cooperatives;
- We Measure – our goal is to change lives – we have developed tools to evaluate our Impact;
- We Invest in your Trust – ArtHouse is one of just 250 Canadian Charitable Organizations to receive Imagine Canada’s Accreditation for accountability, transparency and governance.
How your gift will be used
Approximately 80% of an ArtHouse Donor’s Gift goes directly to supporting our programs. The balance covers Administration costs, including Fundraising expenses.
As we move into our second decade of service, our goal is to build the ArtHouse Endowed Fund with a pool of capital that provides a reliable source of income to support the organization’s annual operating costs and enhance the longer-term stability of the organization.
It would be an honour for ArtHouse to acknowledge the generosity of Legacy donors that will help meet the organization’s annual obligations as well as those that can ensure an income stream in perpetuity.