About Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra
The Calgary Philharmonic belongs to all of us. It is primarily funded by our community, run by our community, and serves our community. We inspire, delight, challenge, and unite the community. Our combined efforts have produced one of Canada’s most celebrated live music ensembles and, with your help, we will build on this foundation. To continue to reach more people in Calgary and around the world, our initiatives to support artistic excellence and innovation and increase capacity help secure the long-term health, strength, and resiliency of our Orchestra.
Music has the power to connect us, to move us, and to inspire us.
In a typical Season, the Orchestra welcomes over 100,000 visitors to the concert hall and reaches audiences around the world through its free and accessible digital programming, including its live-stream initiative, an immersive, online concert experience that launched in 2017.
We believe in the value of music education.
We bring music to more than 20,000 Albertans a year through education and community programs. These classical music experiences are designed to stimulate and inspire school students of all ages.
How your gift will be used
Your donation helps ensure we have a strong and stable Orchestra now and for future generations of music lovers.
Support Artistic Excellence and Innovation: The pursuit of excellence is at the core of our civic identity and is part of our shared legacy. Our future success depends on our ability to adapt, evolve, and demonstrate resilience in an ever-changing world.
- New Orchestral Works: Support Canadian composers and continue to build our reputation as national leaders in the creation of new orchestral music
- Guest Artists and Conductors: Give our audience members a chance to hear the world’s best musicians
- Chorus: Ensure ongoing support for our critically acclaimed group of over 100 volunteer singers
Support Community: Help us build Calgary’s social infrastructure with valuable community programs.
- Increasing Accessibility and Building an Audience for the Future: Support ticket programs and concerts designed to remove barriers and make the Orchestra more accessible
- Music Education: Bring our musicians into schools where they inspire, coach, and perform for children; support field trips to our concert hall to experience a live Orchestra
- Live-streaming: Help us provide free digital concerts that reach a global audience and reduce geographic, financial, and physical barriers to attending