About Family and Children’s Services (FACS) Niagara Foundation
The FACS Niagara Foundation raises funds and awareness to support and help children, youth and families in the Niagara Region to reach their full potential. Although Family & Children’s Services (FACS) Niagara receives funding to provide protection and support services, the Foundation raises funds so that local kids in need can enjoy a summer camp experience and youth in care have opportunities for college, university and job skills training. Thanks to generous donors and volunteers, the Foundation also provides emergency COVID-19 supports so youth and families can help meet their basic needs and stay strong. The FACS Niagara Foundation also supports capital improvements at FACS Niagara facilities and works with the community to support children and families during Holidays and the Festive Season.
Thanks to the community’s generous support, in 2020:
- 65 children enjoyed COVID-safe YMCA summer camp experiences and 110 children and youth received “Summer Smiles at Home” activity baskets;
- Please click here to learn more about Summer Smiles.
- 37 youth received education grants and COVID emergency support to pursue post-secondary studies and training;
- Please click here to learn more about Advancing Educational Outcomes.
- 140 youth received help making the transition from foster care to living independently including 57 youth who were showered with food, housewares and seasonal gifts;
- 233 children in 114 families and 50 youth in the care of FACS received toys or gifts and food during the Festive Holiday season;
- 186 of our families received emergency COVID-19 supports for food and basic needs.
- Please click here to learn more about emergency COVID-19 supports.
How your gift will be used
Thanks to generous donors, the FACS Niagara Foundation plays an important role in FACS Niagara’s mission by providing funds for initiatives that enhance the programs and services provided to children and families in Niagara. Recreation, education, capital projects and other initiatives are just a few examples of how donors to the Foundation supports FACS in their important work.
You can designate your Will Power gift to:
- send vulnerable kids to camp or participate in other recreational activities;
- provide bursaries to help former youth in care attend post-secondary school or skills training;
- support youth raised in care with the transition to living on their own;
- provide specific capital improvements to FACS Niagara facilities for use by the kids in care and the community at large;
- establish or add to an endowment where the interest on your donation is used to support the work of FACS Niagara; or
- support the greatest need of FACS as determined by the Foundation’s Board of Directors.
We would be pleased to work together with you on your generous gift. Just give Dave Augustyn, development director, a call at (905) 937-7731 ext. 3314 or send Dave an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.