About Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation
Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation provides vital funding to enable the best possible patient care. We inspire and motivate gifts that fund medical equipment and patient amenities, innovative research initiatives, essential redevelopment of clinical care spaces, and the education and training of health care providers.
As a registered charitable organization, we proudly support patients and families across south-central Ontario, and from outside the region, who receive specialized care at Hamilton Health Sciences including:
• Hamilton General Hospital, including the Regional Rehabilitation Centre
• Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre
• McMaster Children’s Hospital, including Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre and McMaster University Medical Centre
• St. Peter’s Hospital
• And their associated programs
Hamilton Health Sciences is the only hospital system in Ontario providing specialty health care for the full spectrum of life’s journey, from pre-birth to end-of-life. It serves a region of more than 2.3 million residents and provides highly specialized care to patients from outside the region as a provincial referral centre. Hamilton Health Sciences is a leader in many specialized acute and chronic care programs for pediatric and adult patients across its sites. It is also a renowned academic-teaching hospital and an international leader in hospital-based research.
People are often surprised to learn just how essential donors are to supporting health care. Donors fund 100 per cent of the equipment used to diagnose, treat and care for patients at hospitals. Glance around any patient room or treatment area and you will see the impact of donations on patient care.
Donations also support research programs, education and training for hospital staff, and funding for renovations or redevelopment. Donors play a vital role in the health care of our community and their contributions impact patients every day.
In 2019, Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation was pleased to disburse $31.75 million to enrich patient care across Hamilton Health Sciences. Over the last ten years, the cumulative impact of donors’ contributions supporting vital equipment and patient amenities, redevelopment initiatives, research and fellowships, and education and bursaries is nearly $150 million. Across the spectrum of life’s journey, the teams at Hamilton Health Sciences are committed to the highest quality patient care and The Foundation is pleased to be a partner in providing vital funding in support of patients from across south-central Ontario.
How your gift will be used
We are honored to help facilitate the legacy wishes of our donors who wish to make a difference for the future of health care right here in our community and beyond. Gifts of all sizes to Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation have a vital impact on patients and families.
Planned gifts can be directed to a specific hospital or program and can also pay tribute to loved ones and staff members. Donating to our priority needs ensures the most critical patient care and research needs are met for future generations.
Here is a look at some legacy gifts at work:
- Gift in will by Stephanie McManus created a cozy end-of-life family room at Hamilton General Hospital, where relatives and friends can gather and comfort each other.
- Gift in will by Linda Jean Lindsay, a former ICU Nurse, provided crisis-prevention education and training for nurses.
- Endowment gift in will and lifetime contributions made by Steve Osborne has created the Victoria Osborne Endowment in memory of his wife. The endowment will support research for curative cancer treatments and investigators studying the side effects of stem cell transplants
To leave a planned gift, please contact Lisa Bono, Planned Giving & Estates Officer.