By 2050, 20% of the global population will be over 60. Ageing is transforming the world, bringing both challenges and opportunities.
For over 45 years, HelpAge Canada has worked with local partners throughout the world to improve and maintain the quality of life of vulnerable older persons.
We are a founding member of HelpAge International. With 158 members across 86 countries, the HelpAge Global Network is a truly international movement for change. We are united in one goal: creating a fairer world for older people so they can live safe, healthy, active and dignified lives.
HelpAge Canada supports older persons, particularly those who are underprivileged and marginalized. In addition to social and economic barriers that many vulnerable older adults are up against, we are also faced with the growing concerns of social isolation and loneliness. Loneliness and isolation can result in serious social, mental and physical health challenges, as well as in a significantly reduced quality of life for older persons and their caregivers.
When you support HelpAge Canada, you support the following:
- Providing grants for accessibility equipment, wellbeing services, innovative and creative programming to address isolation and loneliness
- Providing digital literacy and access to technology
- Supporting increased access to age-friendly transportation
- Providing emergency relief funding, i.e. COVID-19 national emergency
- Delivering a sponsorship program for Grandparents and their communities in developing countries
- Collaborating with international partners and Global Affairs Canada to respond to humanitarian and emergency relief crises around the world and to conduct development projects
- Collaborating with international partners on advocacy work including the UN Convention on the Rights of Older Persons
How your gift will be used
When you support HelpAge Canada, you help to improve the quality of life of vulnerable older persons and their communities in Canada and around the world.
Leaving a legacy gift is a meaningful way to support the causes that mean the most to you. We promise to use your gift responsibly to further our mission so that everyone can live a safe and healthy life, unhindered by of how old they are or where they live.