About Lakeland College
Many post-secondary institutions promise a hands-on education. Lakeland College goes far beyond expectations, providing truly immersive experiences that shape futures and prepare students for the real world.
Our campuses in Vermilion and Lloydminster are designed to guide students beyond the classroom. Both offer environments where students can learn, lead and manage. We create our programs with the future in mind, ensuring that our graduates have the experience and knowledge to make a meaningful impact on their industries.
Lakeland learns by doing:
- On our Student-Managed Farm – Powered by New Holland, students manage commercial-scale crop, livestock and ag research enterprises.
- In our bachelor of agriculture technology program – the first such degree program in Canada – students learn about robotics, drones, artificial intelligence, and geospatial tools. They analyze and troubleshoot industry-leading hardware, software and data platforms.
- In our health and wellness programs, students put their skills into action in our student-led spa and hairstyling salon.
- Our energy students lead shifts in the state-of-the-art Cenovus Lab, providing heat and power for the Lloydminster campus.
- Emergency services technology students experience the operation of a firehall from day one. They train on one of the most comprehensive training grounds in North America.
Through these experiences – which can be found in almost every Lakeland program – our students engage with the real world before they become part of it.
Lakeland offers more than 50 programs in the areas of agricultural sciences, business, energy, environmental sciences, fire and emergency services, health and wellness, human services, interior design technology, trades and technology and university transfer.
Lakeland designs and manages immersive student experiences like no other college. It’s hands-on learning like you’ve never seen.
Learning in Action
Through our focus on learning in action, students excel because their instructors and mentors trust them to think, learn and act for themselves. That sense of trust empowers our students to believe in themselves and each other. This leads to confident, collaborative graduates who know they are ready to thrive in their chosen fields–and in life. In our most recent survey, 91% of our graduates were employed.
Outside the classroom, students find many ways to grow. We offer athletics, clubs, performing arts, rodeo, students’ associations, applied research, Indigenous student lounge, recreation facilities, public speaking and more.
Applied research activities at Lakeland are aimed at advancing agricultural productivity and sustainability in key commercial crop and livestock species and new ag technologies. Our research team helps turn today’s ideas into tomorrow’s solutions. They provide answers that benefit producers and the agriculture value chain.
How your gift will be used
Thank you for considering leaving a gift to Lakeland in your Will. Here are just a few of the ways you can direct your gift so your support of education lives on:
- enhancing our Student-Managed Farm – Powered by New Holland. It’s here where Lakeland students have the rare opportunity to manage a working commercial farm. They lead commercial-scale crop, livestock and ag research enterprises. There’s a need for more crop and pasture land to support Lakeland’s unique educational model. Funding for technology and infrastructure improvements is ongoing.
- growing beef, forage and pulse applied research project support and securing support for research chairs.
- providing a supportive campus community by strengthening student success initiatives, including mental health and Indigenous student support services plus awards to help students with money matters.
- building on our work integrated learning model so students have access to the equipment, facilities, placements and projects that bring their learning to life.
- supporting our Rustlers student-athletes in the 3-Cs– classroom, competition and community.
By helping students engage in high quality education at Lakeland, you make it possible for them to go on to bright futures and be difference makers in the workforce and in their communities.