About Manitoba Museum
For over 50 years, Manitobans have trusted the Manitoba Museum to preserve, study, and share the unique stories of our province. Today, education, science literacy, and heritage preservation are at the core of what we do. Will you join us? When we come together to learn, to question, to be curious, and to be open, we’re truly able to enrich our understanding of one another and of the world around us.
We are home to:
- Museum Galleries that display and interpret Manitoba’s history and nature
- a Science Gallery where interactive displays inspire curiosity and creativity
- almost 2.9 million artifacts and specimens that tell Manitoba’s stories
- Manitoba’s only publicly-accessible Planetarium
- ongoing research in: history, zoology, archaeology, botany, anthropology, geology and paleontology
“You should have seen the look on my son’s face when a Real Live Scientist personally answered his question about the speed of meteors.” – program participant
The Manitoba Museum is a fixture of our province, and where Manitobans come to learn about the place they call home.
- students and teachers with virtual and in-person field trips in history, nature, science, and astronomy
- community members of all ages with hands-on learning experiences
- local, national, and international researchers with access to artifacts and specimens to use in their studies
- present and future generations by preserving Manitoba’s history, nature, and science
Access for All
We are committed to ensuring that all Manitobans can access the Museum’s exhibits and programs, regardless of barriers they may face. We partner with social service agencies and community groups to welcome more than 35,000 community members for a Museum experience free of charge through our Access for All community initiative. Watch this 2-minute video to hear participants talk about the impact of their Museum visit.
“Thank you for giving me something to look forward to. I’m in self-isolation because I have serious health issues and my link to the outside world is nonexistent. It gave me the opportunity to feel connected and stay safe.” – virtual program participant
How your gift will be used
Your generosity will have an impact that cannot be missed, and your legacy will support the Manitoba Museum for years to come, helping to make possible:
- new exhibits in the Museum Galleries and Science Gallery
- research projects that study the history, nature, and science of Manitoba
- adding unique and significant objects to the Museum’s collection
- special projects that enhance the experiences of Museum visitors or improve the way objects are cared for or displayed