Since 1964, the RHS has been committed to excellence in providing protection, shelter and care for homeless animals. Each year, we place thousands of dogs, cats, rabbits and other small pets into loving and caring homes. The RHS is a recognized and trusted leader in animal welfare, due to the support of our generous community. Since we receive no government funding, we are dependent upon the generosity of caring contributors like you. Most people do not realize that legacies are our largest source of funding and are essential to providing the organization’s lifesaving services.
In 2020, together we:
- Accepted 2,853 animals with nowhere else to turn;
- Adopted 1,836 pets who had no home to people who had one to give;
- Strengthened the bond between 539 dogs and their owners through 99 play and reward-based learning programs;
- Reunited 575 lost pets with their worried families;
- Fostered 496 infant, injured, ill or afraid pets to recovery with 118 Foster Families;
- Investigated 717 animal cruelty complaints under animal cruelty legislation; and
- Reduced unwanted pets with 1,914 subsidized lifesaving spay/neuter surgeries.