The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) is Canada’s largest, most comprehensive museum and the country’s preeminent field research institute. We are Canada’s essential destination for unforgettable insights that reveal how the earth and its culture have evolved, and how the changes we face today will shape the world of tomorrow. Home to a world-class collection of more than 13 million artworks, cultural objects and natural history specimens, ROM invites everyone to explore and enjoy the extraordinary experiences of science and civilization.
ROM transforms lives by helping people to understand the past, make sense of the present, and come together to shape a shared future. We build and share global collections, create knowledge, inspire learning, encourage gathering, and spark exchange on topics within the intersecting worlds of art, culture, and nature that matter to people and communities.
As Canada’s world Museum, ROM engages thousands of visitors each year. Building on our hundred-year heritage of engagement with the world, ROM’s influence—artistic, cultural, and scientific—is felt nationally and internationally.
A few of our impact highlights:
- Ranked #1 museum in Canada and among the top five in North America
- 13 million artworks, historical objects and natural specimens across 40 galleries and exhibition spaces
- 1.2 million visitors welcomed into the Museum annually*
- 130,000 students and teachers engaged through onsite school visit programming
- Free virtual field trips that bring ROM learning into classrooms and engage future generations of learners
- 250,000 engagements with ROM at Home online content
- 100,000 free admission passes distributed to underserved communities*
- 20,000 visits to ROM offered at no cost, made possible through donor-funded accessibility initiatives*
- Free admission to the Museum every third Tuesday of the month
- 54,000 objects and specimens accessible online to global audiences
We believe the world needs art, culture and nature now more than ever. Your generosity will help sustain ROM’s vital impact as a vibrant beacon of inspiration, discovery, and wonder for the people of Ontario and beyond.
*Prior to COVID-19