About Royal Ontario Museum
The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) is Canada’s largest, most comprehensive museum and the country’s preeminent field research institute. We are Canada’s essential destination for unforgettable insights that reveal how the earth and its culture have evolved, and how the changes we face today will shape the world we’ll live in tomorrow. Home to a world-class collection of 13 million artworks, cultural objects and natural history specimens, the ROM invites everyone to explore and enjoy extraordinary experiences of science and civilization.
As Canada’s world Museum, the ROM engages hundreds of thousands of visitors each year. Through our expansive collections and exhibitions, engaging public programming and leading research, we help bring people together to understand the past, make sense of the present and shape a shared future.
Here are just a few of our impact highlights:
- Ranked the # 1 Museum in Canada and among the top five in North America
- 13M+ artworks, historical objects and natural specimens across 40 galleries and exhibition spaces
- 1.2M visitors welcomed into the Museum annually*
- 100K students and teachers engaged through onsite school visit programming
- Free virtual field trips that bring ROM learning into classrooms
- 100K free admission passes distributed to underserved communities *
- 20,000 visits to the ROM offered at no cost through social prescription program *
- Free admission to the Museum every third Tuesday
- Complimentary access to the Daphne Cockwell Gallery dedicated to First Peoples art & culture
- 54K objects and specimens accessible online to global audiences
We believe the world needs art, culture and nature now more than ever. Your generosity today will help sustain the ROM’s vital impact as a vibrant beacon of inspiration, discovery, and wonder for the people of Ontario and beyond.
How your gift will be used
In these extraordinary times, your gift to the ROM is even more important—and appreciated. When you include the ROM in your Will, you are investing in the future of the Museum—and your community.
With your support, we will:
- Present original exhibitions that inspire and stimulate discussion
- Grow, preserve and share the ROM’s expansive collections spanning art, culture and nature
- Engage diverse communities with a wide range of experiential hands-on programs, community outreach opportunities and collaborations
- Remove financial, cultural, social and physical barriers to engaging the Museum
- Attract and retain brilliant scholars who will address the most pressing issues of our time
- Inspire the next generations of change-makers through engaging school visit programs
- Infuse Indigenous knowledge across our learning and outreach programming