About St. Paul’s Foundation
A gift in your Will to St. Paul’s Foundation of Vancouver is the gift of a lifetime. It’s a legacy for the future that stands as a meaningful tribute to the things that matter most to you: to be compassionate, to give back, to make a difference for generations to come.
Thanks to the generosity of our donors, St. Paul’s Foundation supports compassionate, innovative care at St. Paul’s Hospital and at Providence’s 17 other sites including hospitals, long-term care homes, and health care facilities across BC. Providence is a provincial leader in heart, lung, orthopedics, kidney, colorectal, pathology, maternity, addiction medicine, and pandemic response, to cite just a few.
- St. Paul’s Hospital is where Dr. John Webb pioneered a technique to replace your heart valve with a single small incision usually while you’re awake! To date, more than 450,000 patients worldwide have had this life-changing surgery.
- St. Paul’s is where Dr. Julio Montaner discovered how to stop people dying from HIV/AIDS. Today, we’re home to the BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS and Dr. Montaner’s “treatment as prevention” protocol is being used around the world.
- The lab at St. Paul’s became the first in Canada to offer fast, fully-automated COVID-19 testing. We have the highest testing capacity of any lab in BC; we’re the only hospital lab testing for all three coronavirus variants; and we are the only hospital lab in Canada doing whole genome sequencing of the COVID-19 virus.
- St. Paul’s is a Level 3 maternity hospital and provincial referral centre for women with the most complex, high-risk pregnancies. We have BC’s only specialized cardiac and renal obstetrics programs.
- We are home to the Centre for Heart Lung Innovation: ranked first in Canada, and third worldwide, for our expertise in COPD and asthma.
How your gift will be used
You may direct your gift to general needs or to a specific program or site. When you give to St. Paul’s Foundation, you join with our health care heroes on the frontlines by accelerating research, advancing treatment options, and always – always – enhancing care with compassion. Here are a few more of our highly-specialized areas of excellence.
Youth Care: Foundry
A one-stop shop to give young people aged 12-24 free, easy access to primary care, mental health and substance use services, peer support, employment resources, and recreational activities.
Our singular goal is to ensure our residents feel like they’re living a meaningful life in an environment that genuinely feels and functions more like home.
Providence is committed to delivering culturally safe and appropriate care, and improving health outcomes for First Nations, Metis, and Inuit Peoples in BC. Together we can be part of the healing community, today and in the future.
The New St. Paul’s Hospital
The new St. Paul’s at the Jim Pattison Medical Centre – will set in motion a health care renaissance bringing incredible new discoveries, innovative partnerships, and far-reaching benefits to the people of BC and beyond. The doors will open in 2027!