A gift in your Will to St. Paul’s Foundation of Vancouver is the gift of a lifetime. It’s a legacy for the future that stands as a meaningful tribute to the things that matter most to you: to be compassionate, to give back, to make a difference for generations to come.
Thanks to the generosity of our donors, St. Paul’s Foundation supports compassionate, innovative care at St. Paul’s Hospital and at Providence’s 17 other sites including hospitals, long-term care homes, and health care facilities across BC. Providence is a provincial leader in heart, lung, orthopedics, kidney, colorectal, pathology, maternity, addiction medicine, and pandemic response, to cite just a few.
- St. Paul’s Hospital is where Dr. John Webb pioneered a technique to replace your heart valve with a single small incision usually while you’re awake! To date, more than 450,000 patients worldwide have had this life-changing surgery.
- St. Paul’s is where Dr. Julio Montaner discovered how to stop people dying from HIV/AIDS. Today, we’re home to the BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS and Dr. Montaner’s “treatment as prevention” protocol is being used around the world.
- The lab at St. Paul’s became the first in Canada to offer fast, fully-automated COVID-19 testing. We have the highest testing capacity of any lab in BC; we’re the only hospital lab testing for all three coronavirus variants; and we are the only hospital lab in Canada doing whole genome sequencing of the COVID-19 virus.
- St. Paul’s is a Level 3 maternity hospital and provincial referral centre for women with the most complex, high-risk pregnancies. We have BC’s only specialized cardiac and renal obstetrics programs.
- We are home to the Centre for Heart Lung Innovation: ranked first in Canada, and third worldwide, for our expertise in COPD and asthma.