About Stratford Perth Community Foundation
Stratford Perth Community Foundation brings together caring donors and local organizations that are vital to our community’s well-being helping residents live better lives in Stratford, St. Marys and throughout Perth County.
We are a registered charitable foundation and unique from other charities because donors may support any area of charitable interest including arts and culture, education, health and social services, environment, and sport and recreation. As an endowment organization, your legacy gift can live on to support your community, forever.
As our region’s partner in philanthropy since 2004, we have helped individuals, families and businesses fulfill their charitable goals by offering strategic ways to give with impact. Whether your philanthropic vision is short- or long-term, we will work with you to create a plan that fulfills your charitable dreams today, tomorrow, and forever.
Stratford Perth Community Foundation is a proud member of Community Foundations of Canada, the national membership organization for more than 191 Community Foundations across Canada.
Our funds benefit a broad range of sectors. The fund types we offer are:
- Smart & Caring Community Funds are unrestricted funds that anyone can support and are focused on a specific region. We have a Smart & Caring Community Fund for each region we serve, supporting their most pressing needs.
- Unrestricted Funds are named, unrestricted funds that support the broader community.
- Field of Interest Funds supports an area that you feel is important to community life. From arts and culture, education, health and social services, to the environment, and sport and recreation, you choose the area you’d like to support.
- Designated Funds are simple: you select your favourite charities and we ensure they’re supported, forever.
- Donor Advised Funds are just like having a private foundation, without the administration. You choose which charities to support each year – and our staff’s in-depth community knowledge can help you make high-impact grants to the causes you care about most.
- Charitable Organization/Agency Funds are created and built by charitable organizations to support their operations.
Every fund is vital and helps local residents live better lives. Through responsible stewardship, our endowed assets have grown to over $7.0M and grants to date exceed $1.75M.
How your gift will be used
You have the power to create the local legacy you want through a charitable gift in your will.
Imagine being able to support the charity/cause close to your heart long after you’re gone. What would it mean to the beneficiaries to know you had the foresight to provide for them, forever? It would mean the world.
Gifts in wills are larger than anyone would be able to leave in their lifetime and they provide meaningful impact for the charitable recipient. Because we work with endowments, your legacy gift will live on. Your gift will be invested and a portion of the earned income each year will provide an annual grant – every year – to support the cause(s) you care about most. Overtime, your grants will exceed your initial gift.
We work with you during your lifetime to learn what you’re passionate about, understand how you want to be remembered, and provide flexible options to meet your charitable giving goals now and in the future.
Whether its contributing to an existing fund or creating your own, you can be confident your charitable giving plan will be fulfilled and your legacy will live on through your fund held within Stratford Perth Community Foundation.