About University of Guelph
Known for its beautiful, safe campuses and welcoming, supportive culture, the University of Guelph blends historical and modern architecture with cutting-edge technology.
Established in 1964, the University of Guelph (U of G) enjoys a reputation for innovation and excellence dating back more than 150 years to its founding colleges: Ontario Agricultural College, Macdonald Institute and Ontario Veterinary College.
Our living and learning environments encourage exploration and the interdisciplinary sharing of new ideas, critical for meeting challenges posed by our more complex and interconnected world.
A gift in your will to U of G is a deeply meaningful way to create a lasting legacy. Legacy donors Bruce and Carolyn Waddell met on campus and support the highest priorities of the University. They shared their reasons for including U of G in their will:
“Our hearts are warmed to know that we have been able to help out when there is a need, and a gift in our will is a way for us to keep that going. We have great trust in the University of Guelph that our donations are well cared for, and that ultimately students who need assistance will be able to grow and learn just as we did“.
Bruce Waddell, B.Sc (Agr.) ’76, and Carolyn Waddell (nee Pinkham), BA ’75”
Join Bruce and Carolyn and create your legacy at U of G.
Over 24,000 students learn at the University of Guelph every year. More than 800 faculty teach here every year. More than 1,800 research projects to improve life in a variety of capacities are currently underway.
Yet what the numbers don’t capture is how we live while we’re here and after we leave. Our students, faculty and staff are engaged. They are passionate about being here. We are equally passionate about educating the whole person to shape better citizens of the world.
That has been our focus for over 150 years: life, living, always improving.
Impact by numbers:
- 185,145 alumni living in more than 180 countries
- 1,217 total campus area in acres
- #1 in student satisfaction – Maclean’s Canadian Comprehensive University Rankings 2021
- #1 for best university food in Canada, Maclean’s survey 2019
- #1 in Canada and #5 in the world for veterinary science
- #1 in Canada for food science and technology
- #1 in Canada for agriculture, dairy and animal science
- #1 comprehensive university in research intensity
How your gift will be used
Your legacy gift is a significant way to make a lasting impact and improve the lives of future generations of students. You can direct your legacy to whatever area of the University is most meaningful to you.
- Create a scholarship or bursary in your name, or the name of a loved one, to support students
- Direct your gift to an area that means a lot to you like the beautiful Arboretum, the library, our student athletes, or beloved companion animals by supporting OVC Pet Trust
- Direct your gift to support research or the highest priorities of an area that means a lot to you like student wellness.
Wherever you decide to direct your support, or if you leave your gift undesignated to support the highest priorities of the University, you can trust your gift will be well used.
We’d be delighted to hear from you to create a meaningful and lasting legacy for you at the University.