VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation is Vancouver Coastal Health’s primary philanthropic partner, raising funds for specialized adult health services and research for all British Columbians.
For over 40 years, we have partnered with donors to drive innovation and sustainable health care at Vancouver General Hospital, UBC Hospital, GF Strong Rehab Centre, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute and Vancouver Community Health Services.
With your support, we are saving lives and paving the way for a healthier future.
Since 1980, the Foundation has worked tirelessly to ensure Vancouver’s top medical professionals are well-equipped to perform life-changing work for generations to come.
Our impact is demonstrated in the following transformative projects:
- Implementation of the first ECMO machine in BC, a life-saving technology that allows a patient’s heart and lungs to better recover.
- Establishment of the Vancouver Prostate Centre, which has grown into a world-class centre of excellence.
- Ovarian Cancer Care Research Program established, introducing a new global surgical standard for ovarian cancer care.
- Establishment of world-class Leslie Diamond Women’s Heart Health Clinic, the first program of its kind in Western Canada.
- Standardization of TAVR, a minimally invasive heart valve replacement technique and widely considered one of the most exciting cardiology events in decades.
- Establishment of Nursing Bursary Education Awards, offering funding to support the future of nursing and elevate patient care in BC.
- First-ever double lung transplant in Canada successfully undertaken by doctors at VGH treating a COVID-19 patient whose lungs were devastated by the disease.
We work hard to ensure that excellent care is here when you and your family need it. With your support, we can continue to transform healthcare together.