About Victoria General Hospital Foundation
The Vic Foundation is dedicated to advancing healthcare at Victoria Hospital and in our community to create healthier futures for us all.
We are committed to supporting, enhancing, and transforming mental health care and the care of older adults across the continuum of care. Over the past decade, we have invested more than $15 million in patient and family care, equipment, technology, and vital health projects that improve the overall health and well-being of
Our mission at The Vic Foundation has never been more important. COVID-19 has taken a toll on the mental health of our patients, our frontline healthcare workers, and our entire community. The need for accessible resources and services to support mental wellness is more urgent than ever before.
Through the generous support of our community, we have been able to accomplish so much over the course of the past year. Here are just of few of the achievements made possible thanks to our supporters in 2020 and thus far in 2021:
- Over $335,000 invested in healthcare research at Research Manitoba
- 500 care packages sent to isolated seniors through our Send A Smile To A Senior program
- 119 new televisions and 13 new iPads to support patient comfort and well-being
- 240 members of our community received tools for creative expression to support their mental health
- 332 care packages for frontline home care heroes helping people live safely and independently at home
- Over 100 toys for local families in need to brighten the holidays
How your gift will be used
Creating an enduring legacy is an investment in the people and causes you care about most. It is a personal reflection of your values, life experiences, and hopes for our community.
By remembering The Vic Foundation in your will alongside your family and friends, you are leaving a lasting impact. Your gift helps to ensure The Vic Foundation has the financial resources to be ready to address any urgent challenge, like COVID-19. Our team will ensure your gift is used where it matters most to you. Your investment will make a profound impact on the health and well-being of our community for generations to come.
The gift you leave today will be your legacy tomorrow. What you leave behind can grow in the hearts and lives of the people in our community forever. Contact Margaret Haugen, Donor Relations and Stewardship Specialist or Ron Hogue, Director of Development to make your legacy gift today.