The Vic Foundation is dedicated to advancing healthcare at Victoria Hospital and in our community to create healthier futures for us all.
We are committed to supporting, enhancing, and transforming mental health care and the care of older adults across the continuum of care. Over the past decade, we have invested more than $15 million in patient and family care, equipment, technology, and vital health projects that improve the overall health and well-being of our community.
Our mission at The Vic Foundation has never been more important. COVID-19 has taken a toll on the mental health of our patients, our frontline healthcare workers, and our entire community. The need for accessible resources and services to support mental wellness is more urgent than ever before.
Through the generous support of our community, we have been able to accomplish so much over the course of the past year. Here are just of few of the achievements made possible thanks to our supporters in 2020 and thus far in 2021:
- Over $335,000 invested in healthcare research at Research Manitoba
- 500 care packages sent to isolated seniors through our Send A Smile To A Senior program
- 119 new televisions and 13 new iPads to support patient comfort and well-being
- 240 members of our community received tools for creative expression to support their mental health
- 332 care packages for frontline home care heroes helping people live safely and independently at home
- Over 100 toys for local families in need to brighten the holidays