Your support will make a difference for animals
We are the global voice for animal welfare, with more than 70 years of experience. We address the two biggest causes of animal suffering today – industrial farming and the global wildlife trade.
Our goals are to give wildlife the right to a wild life and to build a humane, sustainable, and equitable food system. Our vision is a world where animals live free from cruelty and suffering.
For years we’ve been protecting animals in the wild, on farms, in communities, and from disasters. Here are just some of the things our incredible supporters have helped us achieve:
- Moving TripAdvisor and more than 200 other travel companies to end their promotion of cruel elephant attractions.
- 1.6 million rabies vaccinations protected dogs from this deadly disease across Asia and Africa.
- Ending bear dancing in India, Turkey, Greece, and most recently Nepal by working with local partners.
- Our supporters moved Turkish Airlines to stop transporting African grey parrots out of the Congo.
- Allowing our team to respond to 251 disasters such as wildfires, floods, earthquakes, and hurricanes that endangered the lives of animals. This support resulted in help for more than 8 million animals globally.
- Ensuring that Bill S-203 passed, banning the keeping, breeding and trading of whales, dolphins and porpoises for entertainment. Together we demonstrated to the federal government that Canadians are against the keeping these social, intelligent and vast roaming marine mammals in small, barren tanks for entertainment.
- Applying pressure for years on Expedia Group, the biggest travel brand in the world to stop selling tickets to captive dolphin and whale attractions.