The YMCA of Lethbridge has been a community serving charity since 1905. During this time, we have helped people grow and thrive despite economic uncertainty, world wars and global pandemics. It’s at times like these that we remain deeply committed to doing what we do best: creating communities where everyone can connect, belong, and thrive in Southern Alberta.
While we can’t predict the future, we can continue supporting our Y community by offering YMCA Child Care, preschool, child and youth recreation programs, youth, adult, senior and family support in the ways they need it most. The Y has been and will continue to be there to help families, children, individuals, and communities grow stronger and more resilient than ever.
Everyone deserves a chance to thrive. That’s why the YMCA of Lethbridge works to promote equity and boost well-being in Southern Alberta. We are a leading charity that helps everyone from all walks of life, including our most vulnerable community members.
Over 100 years of creating life-enhancing opportunities for the growth and development of all people in spirit, mind and body.
The YMCA of Lethbridge is a charity that connects people with essential services, opportunities to better their lives, and a sense of community and belonging. With the support of our incredible donors, we deliver research-backed programs and services to meet the most urgent needs in our communities. When you include the YMCA in your planned giving, you make connecting, belonging and thriving a reality by providing opportunities for everyone in Southern Alberta.
Every Day At the YMCA…
- Parents can pursue their careers or education while their kids learn and grow in child care.
- Adults achieve peace of mind at yoga classes and reach healthy workout goals at our health and fitness centre.
- Toddlers build confidence with every stroke, learning life-saving swimming skills in swimming & aquatics programs.
- Teens and Students gain life experience as volunteers and youth leaders
- Older adults stay active and connected to their communities.
- Newcomers are welcomed and supported as they settle in a new country.
To learn more on how the YMCA is making an impact in our community contact Pam Haapa-aho at: