About YWCA Hamilton
YWCA Hamilton changes the lives of the city’s most vulnerable women, girls, and families. From new moms and babies, to isolated seniors, to women struggling with homelessness and violence, YWCA Hamilton helps women rebuild their lives and move from poverty to possibility every day.
Founded in 1889, YWCA Hamilton delivers a wide range of critical programs and services, encompassing women’s housing, child care and youth, employment, health and wellness, and developmental services. Through our work, we impact more than 10,000 women, children, and families each year, with a focus on serving people from racialized communities, those dealing with the impacts of homelessness, poverty, and trauma, and those struggling with systemic barriers to employment and financial security. With core values rooted in feminism, inclusion, and innovation, YWCA Hamilton provides a diverse range of programs and is committed to building equitable communities and changing lives. YWCA programs are inclusive of all women, non-binary, gender fluid and trans individuals of all genders.
At our core:
- 130+ years serving women, girls & families in Hamilton
- 10,000+ people impacted through 60+ programs & services
- 30+ community based locations
- 500 staff & 250 + volunteers championing our mission
YWCA Hamilton strengthens women’s and girls’ voices, broadens their choices, builds dynamic leadership and provides essential and meaningful services that promote safe, inclusive, and equitable communities. We do this by building strong leaders, advancing food security, providing solutions to end homelessness, delivering quality, inclusive child care and youth services, supporting survivors of violence, and advancing women’s economic justice.
Some achievements over the last year include:
- Supporting 241 survivors of domestic abuse to rebuild their lives after violence
- Launching 21 new women-led small businesses
- Empowering 605 women with employability and training
- Providing safe transitional housing and supports for 140 women dealing with homelessness
- Connecting 120 female students with 30 mentors in skilled trades/technical fields
- Serving 977 patients through the Shelter Health Clinic at YWCA Hamilton, a health care service designed to reach high-risk populations
- Recognizing 76 nominated trailblazing women in Hamilton for their achievements in our community
YWCA Hamilton is on the front lines of our city’s COVID-19 response, providing essential services to those most vulnerable and deeply impacted. As the pandemic stretches on, we are adapting our existing programming and developing new models of service delivery to help keep our community safe, healthy, connected, and on the path to recovery.
How your gift will be used
A gift in your will to YWCA Hamilton will help to provide critical services in the areas of employment support and training, housing and shelter, leadership development programs for girls, health and wellness education, and key supports for women and children who have experienced violence.
We are there for women, children and families when they need us most. With your support, we will impact over 10,000 individuals in Hamilton each year. When you make a legacy gift to YWCA Hamilton, you are helping to build a better future for women, girls, and families.