About Laily Pirbhai
A “personne de confiance” at the planning table.
Estate planning is so much more than drafting a Will or a trust. Engaging input from advisors in various areas including wealth management, law, taxation, insurance, investment management and charitable gift planning are collectively vital to ensure testators’ financial assets can be transferred seamlessly and efficiently.
Equally vital is ensuring that the client’s “why” is thoughtfully integrated into the Will. Sometimes, Wills may contain outdated bequest language or charitable intentions that may be difficult to execute. Speak with your legal counsel on their recommendations for review and frequency of Will updates. Inserting charitable bequest language that is broader and possibly more prevailing, or creating gifting instruments during lifetime that capture testator’s charitable wishes can be options worth exploring. I can help guide these and other philanthropic planning processes.
- Volunteer Board member of the Canadian Association of Gift Planning and King Baudouin Foundation, Canada .
- Trusted advisor, adjunct professor, facilitator, mentor, and CAGP FRIEND.
- Combines three decades of professional experience by integrating complex charitable gift planning, client-centred engagement and diversified financial services into a ‘niche’ role.
- A graduate with distinction of the “Master Financial Advisor-Philanthropy(MFA-P™)” designation and fully conversant in the narrative on family philanthropy, social motivations, legacy planning, business succession and impact investing.
- Maintains long standing, trusted relationships with like-minded advisors who provide a wholistic, values-based guidance for family wealth management.
Provide customized philanthropic counsel to enterprising families, private family foundations, and the professional advisors that serve them.
Assist Charitable Organizations with legacy and complex gifts, testamentary planning as well as expansion of in-house bequest administration and the enhancement of planned giving policies and procedures.