About Promod Sharma
Life insurance helps donors create and replace charitable gifts. Learn about the pros and cons of donating life insurance and the pros and cons of Canada Life My Par Gift (the first product designed only for philanthropy).
Promod (“pro-MODE”; he/him/his) is an insurance actuary who:
- 1991: developed life and health products for National Life
- 2005: supported leading Advisors for Industrial Alliance Insurance
- 2009: became independent with the launch of Taxevity Insurance to bring clients insurance strategies without compromises
Taxevity Insurance is a family enterprise that includes Promod’s son, Jeevan Sharma (CFP). The benefits are additional capacity, different perspectives and succession planning. This team specializes in prudent, proven, personalized insurance strategies for:
- Needs: transferring the actuarial risks of disability, morbidity, longevity and mortality
- Wants: reducing taxes, treating family members fairly, protecting against creditors, …
- Gifts: creating or replacing charitable gifts now, later or as part of your estate planning
Promod studied at Western University on four scholarships, including The London Life Actuarial Scholarship. He is also a:
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA, 1993)
- Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (FCIA, 1993)
- Family Enterprise Advisor (FEA, 2018)
Promod is a member of local and national organizations:
- Canadian Association of Gift Planners (Co-Chair of the GTA Membership Committee, 2022-2023)
- Estate Planning Council of Canada (board member)
- Family Enterprise Canada (member)
Prior volunteering includes six years on the Western University Alumni Association Board, including serving on the Legacy Committee.
What You Value
You value education. You want forthright answers about:
- How/why life insurance works
- Why/how donors gift life insurance
- Cons/pros of gifting life insurance
Who You Are
You are in one or more of the following groups:
- An individual without dependents
- Part of a family or family business
- An incorporated professional or small business owner
Where You Live
The Taxevity team is based in Toronto. Thanks to virtual meetings, they can help you if you are a resident of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan or Ontario.
Looking For More?
You’ll find more details and testimonials on LinkedIn.