About Dartmouth General Hospital Foundation
The Dartmouth General Hospital is undergoing a transformational change in how it delivers care as an important institution in Nova Scotia Health Authority’s vision of the future. A $150 million investment is being made in facility renovations, expansion, equipment and technology to further expand breadth and access of service.
A trusted community anchor, the Dartmouth General Hospital is a 24-hour emergency, inpatient medical, surgical and critical care facility providing services to approximately 120,000 people in Dartmouth and surrounding areas. In the future, once the redevelopment is complete, the Dartmouth General will play an even more critical role in the delivery of hip and knee replacements in Dartmouth and beyond.
Today and since its inception in 1975, the Dartmouth General Hospital Foundation (DGHF) has been a driving force in connecting community and hospital. Through the tremendous generosity of community, friends and partners, the DGHF has positively impacted and supported the delivery of exceptional patient care at the Dartmouth General Hospital through more than $42 million dollars invested in equipment, facilities and programs.
We invest in new equipment, technology, programs, and professional development for the sole benefit of helping you – our friends, our family, and our neighbours. Thanks to our generous donors, we are making an impact in the lives of patients and their families at Dartmouth General Hospital. Here are a few things our donors helped make possible:
- Redeveloping our existing site to position the Dartmouth General as playing a pivotal role in the realignment of acute care delivery to residents all across Halifax and beyond through our $150 Million Above and Beyond Campaign
- The Neville J. Gilfoy Wing – home to a new Surgical Centre, Outpatient Centre and Endoscopy Clinic
- The Fred Smithers Centre for Orthopedic Care
- Myosure equipment for improved gynecological care
- 48 new inpatient beds on the vacant 5th floor, increasing our
- A new and relocated Intensive Care Unit (ICU) helping us
- A brand new 6-bed Intermediate nursing staff to more effectively monitor and care for patients leaving the ICU
- A reconfigured Diagnostic Imaging Department, that incorporates the latest digital technologies and is also for the addition of an MRI.
and much more!
How your gift will be used
When you donate, you make a life-changing impact on the community we live and grow in. Our generous donors and their support make this impact possible.
We are currently fundraising for high-resolution ultrasound machines, Dartmouth General Hospital’s first MRI, Men’s and Women’s health bundles, and more. Dartmouth General Hospital Foundation strives to provide our donors with the option to support crucial equipment, technology, and professional development that will support DGH staff and patients.