About Quebec Cancer Foundation
For more than 40 years, the Québec Cancer Foundation has been raising funds to offer support to people living with cancer and their loved ones here in Quebec by providing services focused on their daily needs and concerns. We are always there, at the heart of the ordeal, to listen, inform, comfort, support and shelter Quebecers whose lives have been turned upside down by cancer.
The Quebec Cancer Foundation has assisted over half a million people since it was created in 1979.
In 2020, despite the turbulent times associated with the pandemic, the Quebec Cancer Foundation was able to offer yet more services, among them:
- The opening of a new Lodge in Lévis. Despite having to comply with physical distancing restrictions, our 5 Lodges provided people touched by cancer with stays totalling over 15,000 nights.
- An increase in the number of people (close to 6,000 instances) who availed themselves of our programs to improve physical well-being (massage therapy and kinesiology) and our psychological support services (art therapy and exchange/lending activities).
- The launch of virtual complementary therapy sessions such as art therapy, kinesiology and yoga.
- Information and answers to more questions from people and their loved ones: nearly 6,500 interventions through the Info-cancer hotline, thanks to the dedication of nurses, nutritionists, psychologists and archivists and researchers specialized in the field of oncology.
- The lending of over 22,760 documents by the Info-cancer Library.
- The release of an online database of over 2,000 oncology resources for people with cancer.
How your gift will be used
Your support allows cancer patients and their loved ones to benefit from high-quality services designed to give them a fighting chance by helping them face.