About UHN Foundation
Part of University Health Network (UHN), UHN Foundation raises funds for research, education and the enhancement of patient care at Toronto General and Toronto Western hospitals, Toronto Rehab and The Michener Institute of Education at UHN.
UHN is home to global experts in a wide range of health areas, including cardiovascular, transplant, brain, vision, arthritis, diabetes, stem cells, surgery and more.
As Canada’s number-one research hospital, and as home to the number-four hospital in the world, UHN is uniquely positioned to find solutions to some of the biggest health challenges of our time. UHN’s accomplishments to date are a testament to incredible talent – and the community of donors who make their work possible.
Together with our donors, we’re helping UHN pursue the knowledge that will build a healthier world.
UHN has a rich history of discovery that has saved – and continues to save – countless lives, in our local community and beyond. UHN’s teams of world-class clinicians and researchers are driven every day to unlock new ways to make lives better.
Donor support is absolutely critical to this life-saving work. Generous donors are helping our world-renowned experts to:
- Get closer to developing a blood test that can diagnose arthritis early
- Develop ex vivo technology, which has increased the number of lung transplants we are able to perform by 63 per cent in just five years
- Research a promising new drug for Alzheimer’s that could one day cure the disease
- Develop digital technologies to monitor cardiac patients and predict heart failure, which has decreased rehospitalization by 53 per cent
- Use 3D printing to repair damaged retinas and slow the onset of glaucoma
- Successfully perform the world’s first robot-assisted brain surgery on a live patient
“Donors fuel the discoveries that lead to transformative care, research and education at UHN and around the world. Our achievements would not be possible without the donors who support our drive to excellence and our vision of a healthier world.”
– Dr. Kevin Smith, President & CEO, UHN
How your gift will be used
A gift in your will provides our hospitals with a reliable source of funding – allowing UHN to accelerate discoveries and provide patients with the world-class care they need and deserve.
The reality is that, just as in life, we don’t know what the future holds. A gift in your will helps ensure a safety net of funding for our hospitals’ future needs.
Donor support helps our hospitals to:
- Enhance patient care: continuing to improve how, when and where they care for the patients they’re privileged to serve
- Conduct critical research: pursuing knowledge to develop new and better techniques, and find new treatments and cures
- Educate healthcare workers: training tomorrow’s leaders, and ensuring they’re well-versed in the latest cutting-edge technologies and methodologies
A gift in your will could be YOUR legacy – making an impact on health care for generations to come.