The Chaleur Regional Hospital Foundation was established in 1990 to support the care and services provided by the Chaleur Regional Hospital.
The Chaleur Regional Hospital is located in Bathurst, New Brunswick. It has approximately 215 beds. It offers a wide range of regional primary and secondary services as well as specialized services. Over 80 physicians work at this hospital. A major project worth over $200 million is in the works for an expansion and major renovations to the facility; this will modernize the hospital, which will foster care efficacy, access to care and the integration of new practices.
The Foundation’s vision is to inspire generosity so that the Chaleur Regional Hospital continues to provide excellence in care. The foundation works closely with the hospital to identify the dynamic needs of the health care system, respond to these needs and stimulate community engagement.
Since its creation, the Foundation has undertaken and completed many projects totalling approximately $20 million. Here are a few examples of the impact of community donations:
- Important partner in implementing the dialysis, cardiac rehabilitation and oncology departments;
- Important partner in creating a scholarship fund for staff development;
- Important partner in fitting out the emergency department and surgical suite;
- Important partner in the development of the breast health clinic and the mother-child sector;
- Important partner in the major renovation project of the Chaleur Regional Hospital.
The objective of the foundation is to support the purchase of equipment and the development of health professionals to provide the best care and services possible to the public today and tomorrow.