About Niagara Community Foundation
The Niagara Community Foundation is a public foundation and registered charity established by and for the people of the communities throughout Niagara. We help good people build smart and caring communities.
We are guided by the following set of principles:
- Enable, collaborate and transform: Enable community improvement by providing funding and community knowledge. Bring organizations together to form partnerships based on the respective strengths of each organization to focus on key community priorities.
- Demonstrate philanthropic leadership : Demonstrate expertise and best practice in philanthropic leadership.
- Put Niagara first: Communicate and support the Niagara story. Build community leadership. Seek and develop individuals who will bring leadership to the community.
- Be trustworthy and transparent: Engage in practices that are open, accessible, fair, objective, flexible, timely and built on a foundation of respect, trust, integrity and honesty.
- Ensure sound governance and management: Ensure that the Niagara Community Foundation governance and management is sound, relevant and realizes its full fiduciary responsibility.
- Provide a means whereby the community’s charitable assets and decision-making can be applied locally
- Pool the charitable gifts of many donors into a permanent, income-earning endowment that benefits the people of Niagara primarily and fulfills the philanthropic objectives of individual donors
- Make grants from the earnings of these funds to support a broad variety of initiatives from health, education and social services to arts, culture and the environment
- Offer advice and support to individuals and organizations making philanthropic decisions
- Provide leadership by bringing people together from all sectors to identify and address issues and to leverage opportunities in the region.
How your gift will be used
As an independent charitable organization, we are limited only by the will and imagination of our donors. We believe in the power of individuals and organizations working together to effect positive change in our communities. Your Legacy gift We encourage projects that promote self-sufficiency and long-term sustainability but we’re not afraid to experiment either. We recognize that innovation, creativity and entrepreneurialism are key contributors to success. We actively seek projects that have the potential for high impact, no matter how big or small they may be.