Niagara Community Foundation is your philanthropic partner since 2000, helping to connect donors with causes, and communities to resources.
We are guided by the following set of principles:
- Enable, collaborate and transform: Enable community improvement by providing funding and community knowledge. Bring organizations together to form partnerships based on the respective strengths of each organization to focus on key community priorities.
- Demonstrate philanthropic leadership : Demonstrate expertise and best practice in philanthropic leadership.
- Put Niagara first: Communicate and support the Niagara story. Build community leadership. Seek and develop individuals who will bring leadership to the community.
- Be trustworthy and transparent: Engage in practices that are open, accessible, fair, objective, flexible, timely and built on a foundation of respect, trust, integrity and honesty.
- Ensure sound governance and management: Ensure that the Niagara Community Foundation governance and management is sound, relevant and realizes its full fiduciary responsibility.
Niagara Community Foundation is one of 191 community foundations under the umbrella of Community Foundation’s Canada.
Niagara has a strong and vibrant charitable sector and it is our privilege to connect donors to causes and charities to resources, all across our region. Throughout our 21+ years serving the nonprofit sector here in Niagara, we have gained a wealth of knowledge and a breadth of relationships in every aspect of the field- the arts, heritage, environment, health, seniors, children, animal welfare, recreation, relief of poverty, education, and the list goes on and on. It is this sector that is turning our intention into impact, because of their own intentionality in creating strategic and guided programming and services. We are proud of the role we play as a community foundation, helping to ensure Niagara’s charitable sector remains strong and vibrant for generations to come.