The Aberdeen Health Foundation amplifies your generosity to advance health care in Pictou County. Every donation makes a difference. It helps to fund equipment, improve access to care, and enhance health programs in our community. We are dedicated to working collaboratively to create a Pictou County where every person has the opportunity to attain their best health.
The Aberdeen Hospital is the regional acute care facility serving residents of Pictou County, Nova Scotia, offering primary and secondary services through inpatient, outpatient, and community-based services and programs. The services provided include:
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- General Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- Mental Health & Addictions
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Palliative Care
In 2022, the Foundation celebrated a year in which more than $2.4 million funding commitments were made.
- More than $1,900,000 was used to purchase medical equipment
- $180,000 went into population and mental health initiatives in the community
- $98,000 was invested in programs like Music Therapy and the Oncology Patient Fund
- $50,000 supported the recruitment of medical professionals to Pictou County