About Canmore Rotary Club Charitable Foundation
Rotary Club of Canmore and the Canmore Rotary Club Charitable Foundation have been trusted partners in the non-profit sector for decades. We are a service club dedicated to improving the lives of others in both our local community and around the world. Rotary is built on Service and Connections – “People Meeting People Helping People”. Each day our members pour their passion, integrity and skills into projects that have a lasting impact. We meet, support each other, laugh, and work hard to raise funds and volunteer to make our community a better, more supportive place to live, work and play. We help improve communities through a range of humanitarian, intercultural and educational activities and grant-making.
The Canmore Rotary Club Charitable Foundation is our registered charity, providing an opportunity to make charitable donations in support of Rotary and its charitable work through service and granting funds. We seek and receive charitable donations, steward gifts, and grant funds grounded in Rotary goals and values.
Since 1991, the Rotary Club of Canmore has distributed millions of dollars of support and resources for our local and international communities. We have the ability to meet the changing needs of our community by providing money and volunteers quickly when the situation warrants for projects aligned with Rotary Areas of Service and for Crises or special projects.
From supporting the Science Fair, scholarships, enabling a sensory room in local schools, food programs and parks, Rotary contributes to our community. Enabling international projects builds strong local citizens while contributing to international projects.
Rotary responds to crisis and priority projects:
● In 2013 our flood relief fund collected and distributed in excess of $880,000
● Since 2016 we raised in excess of $100,000 for the Bow Valley Syrian Refugee project
● In 2017 we collected in excess of $92,000 for the Fort McMurray fire relief which we transferred to the Rotary District Foundation who distributed the funds.
● Since 2018 we have committed over $111,000 to the YWCA Higher Ground Women’s Shelter
● In 2020/21 we raised over $188,000 to support our communities through the COVID-19 Pandemic.
How your gift will be used
Our granting process makes it easier to give to those causes that need support most. Guided by Rotary Club’s Avenues of Service and a grant evaluation process, gifts will be distributed in the community on your behalf. Areas of focus include:
• Health of the community
• Seniors and disadvantaged families and their children
• Advancement of education in the Bow Valley and Morley
• Support for parks, playgrounds, recreational and cultural facilities
• Aid for people in developing countries
• Special projects and initiatives adopted by the Rotary Club of Canmore – for example, Higher Ground project through the YWCA, providing shelter for domestic and sexual violence victims.
• Emergency Response – as witnessed by community support during the Flood of 2013 and the COVID 19 pandemic of 2020/21.