The Ottawa School of Art is a leading educational centre for the visual arts “teaching art to everyone” with the opportunity for creative expression, development and growth. Within a well-defined program, we offer high quality instruction to all levels through direct involvement with professional artists.
Established in 1879, the Ottawa School of Art is known as a non-profit, charitable organization, offering a full range of community level art courses at two campuses including, life drawing, landscape painting, photography, sculpture, ceramics, printmaking, new media, and a wide variety of specialized short courses and workshops. Children’s and Teen’s classes range from multi-media to animation to sculpture, pottery, drawing and painting. In addition to general art courses, the school offers three professional exhibition galleries open to the public for free, and one-year Portfolio Development Certificate, and a three-year Fine Arts Diploma.
- We believe that students are the very core of our mission and work to continuously strengthen and enhance their skills.
- We foster imagination, creativity and innovation in all of our activities.
- We embrace an inclusive and accessible environment for all, and promote diversity in participation and perspectives.
- We value the importance of inspiration and support hands-on training by practicing artists.
- We are committed to providing our students studio-based and studio-oriented practice.