Present in Canada as well as 73 countries, Doctors of the World is a voluntary, independent and international movement that works both in its home country and abroad. Through innovative healthcare programs and evidence-based advocacy, Doctors of the World empowers marginalized people and communities to take action and claim their right to – while campaigning for – universal healthcare access.
All our endeavours respect three key principles: Care. Support. Bear witness.
We distinguish ourselves by:
- Our humanitarian commitment
- Our human rights-based approach
- Our national and international presence
- Our 16-delegation international network enabling us to be present in over 75 countries with more than 450 programs
- Volunteer and health professional mobilization
- Our understanding of social determinants pertaining to healthcare
- Our in-depth work and holistic vision of healthcare.
In the province of Quebec – based upon our acquired knowledge and the bonds we have created with our partners – we are viewed as a local healthcare player that is recognized at the academic, municipal and community levels, as well as within the healthcare and social services network. By providing mental, physical and psychosocial healthcare services, our organization has been able to promote constructive advocacy to influence decision-makers and transform institutional approaches to healthcare.