About Elmwood Residences
Elmwood is a registered charity and community-based organization that supports individuals living with intellectual disabilities lead fulfilled lives. We support the wholeness of life with care that empowers independence, opportunity and growth.
Elmwood delivers high-quality care and services to over 115 residents with complex intellectual, physical and medical needs through a variety of programs and services including our eleven (11) Community Homes, Kinsmen Manor and large Supportive Independent Living Program (SILP). Our residents are supported by a team of Disability Support Professionals, Nurses and Recreational Coordinators whom provide exceptional person-centred support. In addition to providing medical care we offer financial trust services, and a robust Community Inclusion Program.
Each individual we support is unique and for this reason we believe in a Resident First Approach in the development and delivery of the services we provide. By ensuring the resident is at the centre of their supports we are able develop authentic relationships, support community inclusion and foster growth.
We invite you to learn more about Elmwood and the important work we do at www.elmwoodyxe.ca and join us in making a difference in the lives of those we serve.
“Elmwood has given my brother the guidance and opportunity to live a fuller life” — Lorna, Resident’s Family Member
We invite you to join us in Supporting the Wholeness of Life for individuals living with intellectual disabilities. We are committed to providing individualized care and support that nurtures growth, well-being and belonging for people living with intellectual disabilities. We do this through the delivery of services in line with our Resident First Approach which fosters:
- Respect and Dignity
- Authentic Relationships
- Reflection and Growth
- Communication and Openness
- Community Inclusion
- Innovation and Creativity
“Our daughter is a part of the Elmwood family living with 5 other ladies in a community home. She has found her joy and purpose in life with daily activities and independence as she grows into a woman” — Lori, Resident’s Family Member
How your gift will be used
Your gift will ensure residents live fulfilled lives and may be designated to our diverse set of priorities:
Community Access and Inclusion
- Our Community Inclusion Program forms the heartbeat of Elmwood. Recreational programs are offered based on the goals set by residents and fulfills the spiritual, cultural and social needs of each individual. Programming is coordinated in-house and through community-based opportunities.
- To access community, we recognize that access to safe, reliable and accessible transportation is key! Elmwood maintains a fleet of vehicles which ensures residents are able to attend medical appointments, day programs, employment, recreational opportunities and community events.
Quality Accessible Homes
- We believe that home is where the heart is. Gifts to this fund will ensure we have the ability to improve accessibility, ensure our homes remain up to date and provide additional comforts to the residents we serve.
Enhanced Health and Wellness
- We pride ourselves in supporting individuals with significant medical needs and work diligently to ensure residents have access to the equipment and therapies they need. Gifts to this fund support resident’s access to needed and enhanced medical equipment and therapies and to ensure they are able to live with the highest quality of life.