About St. Michael’s Hospital Foundation
As of April 1, 2021, Providence Healthcare Foundation has amalgamated with St. Michael’s Hospital Foundation.
We are St. Michael’s Foundation, and we stop at nothing to help the hospital tackle some of the toughest health challenges of our time.
Bolstered by our fierce community of donors and volunteers, the St. Michael’s Foundation stops at nothing to make it happen.
Thanks to our donors, we envision a future where CAN’T, WON’T and NOT-A-CHANCE are not in St. Michael’s vocabulary.
- Our Vision: A relentless community of supporters who are galvanized by St. Michael’s ‘never-say-never’ spirit in the face of the toughest health problems of our time.
- Our Mission: St. Michael’s Foundation stops at nothing to fund the relentless pursuit of solutions to some of the world’s most intractable health challenges.
St. Michael’s Foundation also fundraises for our sister hospital, Providence Healthcare.
Since 1847, Providence has taken an innovative approach to healthcare by providing rehabilitation, palliative care, long-term care and community programs to Toronto residents.
Our three main areas of care include:
- Providence Hospital: We help adults rehabilitate and regain their strength after suffering complex medical conditions. Over 5,000 people utilize our innovative approaches each year.
- Cardinal Ambrozic Houses of Providence: Our long-term care home provides a supportive environment for our 288 residents. The Houses of Providence staff provide the highest standards of comfort, care and dignity for our residents by focusing on best practices and a high quality of life.
- Adult Day Program: This program provides people with moderate to severe dementia with around the clock care.
As Toronto’s healthcare needs continue to evolve, Providence will continue to adapt by upholding the ‘helping and healing’ tradition that is engrained in our values.
We are Providence, and we exist to inspire your strongest self.
Our abiding donors support groundbreaking research, advanced treatment, the best medical training and new facilities.
- Research & Innovation: St. Michael’s has more than 1,000 scientists working, day in and day out, on some of the toughest health challenges of our time.
- Education & Training: St. Michael’s is a major teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto, and one of the city’s top choices for medical students.
- Building & Equipment: Over the past decade, St. Michael’s Hospital has transformed into a global research and patient care powerhouse – with state-of-the-art facilities that match its world-class reputation.
- Patient Care: Our medical experts provide the highest level of care to every patient – no matter who they are and where they come from.
Support Our Campaigns
Our community of fierce donors enable us to do what has never been done before.
How your gift will be used
No matter what stage of life you’re at, there’s never a wrong time to define your legacy.
Making a planned gift is a special way to have a lasting impact and ensure that St. Michael’s Hospital and Providence Healthcare will continue to stop at nothing for our patients and their families for generations to come.
“Life has been good to me, and I like to give back. St. Michael’s is the place where I know I am in good hands and will get the best care. It’s a hospital that puts the patient first.”
— Elizabeth is a monthly donor and has remembered St. Michael’s Hospital with a legacy gift.
“Providence is a place that we cared about and had much respect for. I draw comfort knowing that my gift will support those in need well into the future.”
— Michael is a generous donor and has remembered Providence Healthcare with a legacy gift.
To learn more about legacy giving at St. Michael’s or Providence, contact Sandra Smith, Philanthropy Officer, Gift Planning at SmithSan@smh.ca or at 416-864-6060 ext. 2044.