Jubilee Fund is Manitoba’s only charitable impact investment fund and home to Canada’s first Rent Guarantee Program. We are here to help reduce poverty and its impact in Manitoba.
Our programming includes providing loan guarantees, direct loans and bridge financing to non-profits working to reduce poverty. In addition, through Canada’s first rent-guarantee program, we help secure safe housing for community members with no/bad rental history and credit.
The Jubilee Fund Inc. is a registered Canadian charity. Loan and rent guarantee funds are raised through Jubilee Investment Certificates (JICs). Operational funds are supported through donations from individuals, foundations, corporations, and the sale of Jubilee Fund memberships.
The Jubilee Fund sees a future in which equitable economic opportunities are available to all members of society.
The Jubilee Fund’s mission is to finance projects that reduce poverty and have a positive social impact in Manitoba. The Jubilee Fund is a non-profit lender that finances organizations and individuals that do not qualify for traditional financing.
- Local ownership
- Community ownership
- Democratic ownership
- Cooperative ownership
- Economic participation by women
- Economic participation by people with disabilities
- Economic participation by Indigenous people
- Economic participation by newcomers to Canada
- Equitable, and sustainable business practices
- Opportunities for all
When you leave a legacy gift to Jubilee Fund, you create Social Impact.
Social Impact through Jubilee Fund are all the positive outcomes gained from reducing poverty in Manitoba.
Thanks to Jubilee Fund investors and donors, we:
- offer loan guarantees, direct loans and bridge financing for social impact projects focused on poverty reduction, allowing them to provide more services for marginalized individuals and families in Manitoba. We work in three main areas: affordable housing, community/social projects (programs for at risk youth, daycares for low-income families, employment certification and training etc.) and social businesses like worker co-ops.
- created Canada’s first and only Rent Guarantee Program for at-risk women. The Rent Guarantee Program is for Manitobans who have the capacity to make full rent payments but are facing the barrier of a lack of rental history. We assist by co-signing on their rental lease.
To date Jubilee Fund has helped create/support:
- Over 450 rent-geared to income housing units
- Over 625 low-income daycare spots allowing parents to go back to work
- Over 400 jobs
- 175 newcomers to Canada with professional job training, financial training and accreditation transfer
- Over 100 community members affected by mental and physical disabilities including at-risk youth