About Waskesiu Foundation
Our purpose is to support recreational, social, cultural and environmental activities that enhance the Waskesiu experience. We do that each and every day through the help of generous donors, community partners, volunteers and supporters like you!
Together we’ve been able to work on so many exciting projects. Some of the most popular in the community include:
- Bears on the Beach playground
- Little Al’s Mini Golf in partnership with the Waskesiu Recreation Association
- Memorial benches
- Camp kitchens
- Heritage signage & replacement shack tent in partnership with the Waskesiu Heritage Museum
- Tree planting
- Lobstick tree renewal in partnership with the Lobstick Golf Club
- Johnny Bower Sport Court in partnership with the Waskesiu Recreation Association
- Community Hall & Terrace Gardens upgrades
- Firefighting equipment
Since 1999, you’ve helped us raise over $3,506,204 to support the community’s greatest needs. Waskesiu is a very special place and we’re proud to work with you to improve it now and for future generations.
How your gift will be used
Your support means kids will have a safe, interactive and imaginative place to play. You’ll help preserve our past, remember what came before us and build our future. Together we’ll have a place to connect as a community, to re-discover family and loved ones and to catch up with friends & neighbours. You’ll create safe spaces for people of all ages to stay active, enjoy nature and explore in the great outdoors.
You have the power to make an enormous impact in the Waskesiu community, while still supporting those you love.
Our community-wide Waskesiu Legacy planned giving program means you’re able to direct your gift to us at the Waskesiu Foundation while choosing to support:
- where it’s needed most
- the Endowment Fund
- enhancements to the Waskesiu Golf Course
- enhancements to Waskesiu Recreation Association facilities
- enhancements to the Waskesiu Heritage Museum
We’ll work for you to support the part of the community that brings a smile to your face, evokes your favourite memory, or speaks to your heart.