The Alzheimer Society of Saskatchewan is the province’s leading dementia care and research charity. With Resource Centres located throughout the province, we offer:
- Help for Today through our programs and services for people living with dementia.
- Hope for Tomorrow by funding research to find causes, a cure and to improve care for people with dementia and their caregivers.
A world without Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
The Alzheimer Society of Saskatchewan empowers all people to live well with dementia while funding research into prevention, cures and quality of life.
Request the Alzheimer Society of Saskatchewan’s free Estate Planner and Guide by submitting our request form or call Kaleta Strain, Director of Revenue Development, at 306-949-4141.
The Alzheimer Society of Saskatchewan empowers all people to live well with dementia. Last year, we provided services and programs to over 2,482 people from 279 different Saskatchewan communities. In addition, we dedicated over $350K to research dementia causes, treatments and a cure.
Individuals who connect with the services and programs of the Alzheimer Society of Saskatchewan have a better experience with the disease than those who do not.
- 76% of those we support report they have better strategies for coping with dementia and related symptoms.
- 82% of family caregivers are more confident in their ability to support the person with dementia.
- 86% of those we support would recommend the Alzheimer Society to their family and friends.
Over 20,000 people in Saskatchewan have Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia. Every 24 hours, 10 or more people develop dementia. In the next decade, that number is expected to double.