About Bruce Peninsula Hospitals Foundation
Dr. Nelvia VanDorp returned to practice medicine in Wiarton after completing her medical training. She loves XC skiing, hiking, paddling, and cycling through the amazing landscapes of the Peninsula with her family. “Being from the community – it’s an honour to care for people of the community, in the ER, inpatient units and in my family practice,” she said recently.
Wiarton and Lion’s Head Hospitals are staffed with 150 skilled health care professionals and volunteers like Nelvia – but they couldn’t provide the compassionate care they do without our help. There is very little government funding for medical equipment, meaning the quality of health care at our Peninsula hospitals depends on a generous community.
Bruce Peninsula Hospitals Foundation raises funds for medical equipment, facility upgrades and clinical training to empower nurses, doctors and technical staff to offer the best care possible.
Lion’s Head and Wiarton Hospitals are two of six operating as Grey Bruce Health Services (GBHS). Residents and visitors to the Peninsula are offered a wide range of clinical services in addition to 24/7 Emergency care.
Lion’s Head Hospital Wiarton Hospital
- 4,944 ER visits 13,906 ER visits
- 52 average age of ER patient 47 average age of ER patient
- 2,033 Radiology procedures 6,310 Radiology procedures
- 34,225 Lab tests 560,408 Lab Tests
- 1,156 Inpatient Care days 7,433 Inpatient care days
You don’t need to be “wealthy” to make a difference. Your legacy will touch the lives of thousands of patients who live, work and play on the Bruce. To each one, your gift means faster, more accurate diagnosis, less invasive procedures, increased safety, less pain and quicker recovery. Best of all – a faster return home and to regular activities.
How your gift will be used
We don’t know what our priorities will be when we receive your will gift in the future, but you can trust that patient care always comes first. The gift you plan now will ensure the Foundation has the financial resources to respond to any need our hospitals may have.
Your Legacy Gift Will:
- Provide stable funding to meet the needs of patients for the long term.
- Help purchase life-saving medical equipment.
- Enable our physicians, nurses and technical staff to provide the best care possible with state of the art diagnostic and medical equipment.
- Help attract the medical professionals we so desperately need on the Bruce Peninsula.
For more information, contact:
Willard VanderPloeg, Charitable Giving Advisor
email@example.com or 519-376-2121 x2736.