HCSS Grey-Bruce is a team of caring staff and volunteers who provide community-based services that support independence and enhance quality of life for seniors, adults living with disabilities, and their families. The variety of programs and services offered include:
Transportation – for those who have difficulty accessing existing transportation.
Hot & Frozen Meals on Wheels – delivery of locally prepared nutritious and delicious meals.
Day Away – socialization, recreation, and caregiver respite.
Overnight Respite – providing caregivers with a scheduled break for 24-72 hours of respite.
Housekeeping – support for those living in their own homes and who need assistance with household chores.
Friendly Visiting – scheduled social visits and phone calls from a matched volunteer with common interests.
These programs support area seniors and adults living with disabilities to continue to live in their home, with family, and in their community.
Each year HCSS Grey-Bruce…
- provides services to more than 2,500 Clients from across the Counties of Grey & Bruce.
- delivers more than 75,000 Meals to client homes via the Hot & Frozen Meals on Wheels program.
- provides 15,000 hours of Housekeeping support.
- provide Transportation with more than 50,000 Rides to Grey & Bruce seniors and adults living with disabilities.
- hosts 150,000 hours of support through our 6 Adult Day Programs across Grey-Bruce.
- provides nearly 500 Nights of Overnight Respite support for caregivers.
- pairs more than 100 Clients with volunteers who make nearly 1,800 Friendly Visits and Phone Calls
- is completing 500 New Client Assessments each year.
- is supported by more than 100,000 Volunteer Hours valued at over $1.4M.