Our Mission: Inspiring our communities to invest in their physical and mental healthcare needs.
The North Bay Regional Health Centre Foundation raises funds to ensure that the North Bay Regional Health Centre can continue to expand hospital services, develop new programs, and bring leading-edge medical technology and treatment to the people of North Bay and regional communities. Through generous support from donors, the Foundation helps ensure that the best health care will always be within reach.
The North Bay Regional Health Centre combines a modern acute care hospital with a specialized mental health facility.
Roles of NBRHC:
- District acute medical and mental health care to North Bay and surrounding communities; an area of 30 700 square kilometres and a population of more than 129 000.
- District referral centre providing specialist services for smaller area communities.
- Regional specialized mental health services throughout all of northeast Ontario; an area of 300 000 square kilometres and a population of 511 000.
- NBRHC provides provincial women’s forensic mental health services with an eight bed specialized inpatient unit called Hummingbird Lodge.
What is your first memory of your hospital? Was is a visit to the Emergency Department as a child after falling off your bike? Was it for the arrival of your first child? Or was it to be with someone you love at the end of their life? Among all the uncertainties in the world at the moment, there’s one thing for sure… your hospital is here for you and your loved ones whenever you need it.
We are all touched in some way by care at our hospital, whether it is a family member or friends. Our community gives generously to ensure North Bay Regional Health Centre is equipped with state-of-the-art medical equipment to provide the best possible care when we need it. Funding for healthcare is a partnership between the government, our hospital and most importantly, our community.
Here are a few projects our donors have made possible:
- Through the Caring for Generations Campaign our community helped build our Health Centre.
- Two CT Scanners to care for our community.
- The initial MRI purchase 10 years ago, and its recent upgrade.