Sinai Health is a specialized healthcare system and biomedical research institute, discovering and delivering life-changing care. Our globally recognized experts push the boundaries of care for infants, complex chronic illnesses and the diseases of ageing. Comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Hennick Bridgepoint Hospital, Lunenfeld Tannenbaum Research Institute (LTRI) and system partner, Circle of Care, Sinai Health delivers exceptional specialty care in hospital, community and home. Its centres of excellence include: Arthritis & Autoimmune Disease, Cancer, Complex Orthopedics, Diabetes, Emergency Medicine, Geriatrics & Complex Medicine, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Palliative Care and Women’s & Infants’ Health.
Mount Sinai Hospital is the largest birthing centre in Canada, annually helping 7,000 families realize their dreams of becoming parents. The Frances Bloomberg Centre for Women’s and Infants’ Health is home to the largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Canada. More than two-thirds of all pregnancies are high-risk and more than 1,000 of the most fragile babies in Ontario are cared for at Mount Sinai Hospital each year.
Hennick Bridgepoint Hospital is a renowned purpose-built hospital and is the single largest organization in Canada to focus on patients with complex healthcare needs. Its experts are shaping policy, pioneering best practices and creating innovative tools to help patients live life to the fullest.
The LTRI is ranked in the top one per cent globally for molecular and biological research, with a track record of pioneering discoveries and game-changing medical advances. Our research breakthroughs, such as the discovery of two new classes of drugs for diabetes, ultimately contribute to the health and wellbeing of people globally.
Circle of Care supports one of the largest Meals on Wheels programs in Canada. It responds to the emerging needs of Holocaust survivors with programs to support and guide caregivers and their families through the challenges of caring for their loved ones.
Philanthropy is an essential part of transforming Sinai Health’s physical infrastructure, helping to attract world-class talent and enhancing the patient experience.
- From critical care to obstetrics to rehab, Sinai Health’s continuum of care saved the lives of a young pregnant COVID-19 patient and her baby.
- This family’s gift will ensure older Canadians have the specialized and compassionate care they deserve, changing the way emergency departments treat older adults and increasing opportunities for training, innovation and expanding capacity.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, Sinai Health has been able to dedicate resources to support LTRI researchers on the front lines answering critical questions surrounding immunity and COVID-19, and providing data needed for public health decisions around immunization timing and frequency.
- A visionary investment in Hennick Bridgepoint Hospital supports rehabilitative and complex continuing care that will be essential as Ontario faces years of post-pandemic healthcare recovery.
- Thanks in large part to donor support, Sinai Health’s redesigned surgical floor is changing lives.